For the sphincter-preserving occlusion of fistulae-in-ano
Lightguide Fistula Probe
The Fistula Probe allows easy access into a small and curved fistula tract for the permanent occlusion of complete fistulae-in-ano which are pre-conditioned by seton drainage (Parks Types I-IV) and at the non-inflammatory stage.
Inside the fistula tract, the radial emission of laser energy destroys remnants of the fistula epithelium and leads to the controlled shrinkage of surrounding tissue. Thus, the fistula tract is gently obliterated with only minimal side effects on the anal sphincter.
There are marking lines on the Fistula Probe for easy and precise control over its position and pullback velocity.
- Fiber core diameter: 600 µm
- Connector with SMA 905 standard or freestanding ferrule
- Customized connector with logo printing possible
- Optical fiber jacket: white ETFE with black centimeter marking
- High-transmission efficiency for all common medical wavelengths: 810 nm, 980 nm, 1470 nm and 1940 nm
- Double-packed in sterile pouches
- 5-year sterile shelf life
- Outer diameter (tip): 1.8 mm
- Standard length: 2.5 m
- Wavelength: 200 nm to 2200 nm
- Typical transmission: 98%
- Emission angle: 60° cone angle from fiber axis
- Numerical aperture: 0.22 up to 0.37
- Core diameter: 600 μm
- Custom designs available according to customer specifications